Fletcher Wedding 2015

Fletcher Wedding 2015

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Lucky, just lucky

I have been feeling really blessed lately. My husband has a great job, our marriage is great and we are happy. After doing the reading for this week I realized how lucky I truly am. I married a man who has the same beliefs and standards as me. I married someone who shares the same hopes and dreams as me. Not a whole lot of people can say that, and it makes me sad for them. Gottman explains in the reading that, “when you’re gridlocked, trying to view your differences as a kind of psychological trick knee that you can learn to cope with may seem impossible. But you can do it.” I am just grateful that my husband and I are on the same page about a lot of things. His dreams are my dreams and my dreams are his dreams. That’s how it has always been.
“But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.” (Moroni 7:47) I love what Goddard said about charity. He explained that we either see things in a Christ like way or we don’t. “We choose to see each other the way ordinary mortals see each other, or we choose to see each other the way Jesus sees us. That is charity, the mind of Christ.” May we all be charitable not only in our marriages, but in our everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment