Fletcher Wedding 2015

Fletcher Wedding 2015

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Holiness To The Lord, The House Of The Lord


                              
                                                        Oakland, California Temple

The Temple is such a wonderful place. It truly is the house of the Lord, and it can bring such amazing blessings. I had always attended the temple as a youth, but I never fully understood what the temple and the sacred covenants we make had in store for me. I recently went through the temple, and let me just say it was breathtaking. Everything I thought was going to happen didn’t, it was even better than I could have imagined. After attending the temple I have a much better understanding of this gospel and of my Savior.
Kneeling across the alter, looking into my husband’s eyes, I knew that I was making the best decision of my life. I have only been married for a short period of time, but I have seen the blessings the temple can give. I thought I loved my husband with all I had, until he took me to the temple. Now I love him in a way I didn’t know was possible. The blessings of the temple are true and very, very real. Tears fill my eyes as I think of how I have been blessed, because of the sacred covenants I have made not only to my spouse, but with the Lord.
President Ezra Taft Benson lists the many blessings we can receive by attending the temple. He said, “When you attend the temple and perform the ordinances that pertain to the House of the Lord, certain blessings will come to you: You will receive the spirit of Elijah, which will turn your hearts to your spouse, to your children, and to your forebears. You will love your family with a deeper love than you have loved before. Your hearts will be turned to your fathers and theirs to you. You will be endowed with power from on high as the Lord has promised. You will receive the key of the knowledge of God. (See D&C 84:19.) You will learn how you can be like Him. Even the power of godliness will be manifest to you. (See D&C 84:20.) You will be doing a great service to those who have passed to the other side of the veil in order that they might be “judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.” (D&C 138:34.)”
I love this gospel and I love the temple. I am grateful for the knowledge I have of both and for the knowledge I have of my loving Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ. 

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1985/08/what-i-hope-you-will-teach-your-children-about-the-temple?lang=eng 

No comments:

Post a Comment