Fletcher Wedding 2015

Fletcher Wedding 2015

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Unity

I loved the reading for this week. My favorite article was “That we may be one” by Henry B. Eyring. He explains the importance of becoming one with your spouse. I never truly understood the importance of unity until I was married. I have seen and observed couples who aren’t unified and it is heartbreaking. I am grateful that my husband and I are on the same page about a lot things in our marriage. Another thing I have noticed in marriages is that men and women keep such a tight relationship with their parents, which is fine, but “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh” (Gen. 2:24). I have seen this destroy many marriages. Some people just have a hard time letting go of their parents. I have a testimony of the power of unity. I know that if couples are unified, they will live a happy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment