Fletcher Wedding 2015

Fletcher Wedding 2015

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Cleave to your spouse...

This reading came at a perfect time. I feel as though I have been put on the back burner recently and it is not a good feeling. My husband recently accepted a job and Logan, Utah so he has been living there with his sister and her husband while I finish off the semester here in Rexburg. Living apart has been extremely hard. We see each other every weekend which is great, but it is still really challenging. While being in Logan, my husband has become extremely close with his sister. While I think this is great, I have often felt like he values the relationship he has with her more than the relationship he has with me.
I honestly felt like being apart put a huge strain on our marriage. We were arguing about stupid things and I was nervous to tell him the way I felt, because I didn’t want him to think I didn’t like his sister. One weekend when he came home, I sat him down and with tears in my eyes I expressed the way I felt. I wasn’t sure how he was going to take it, but with tears in his eyes he apologized sincerely. He was devastated that he put me in that situation and we promised that we would always put each other first.
“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
I know the importance of cleaving unto your spouse. Sometimes it is really hard and I just want to call my parents, but I know that getting through hard times in a marriage simply strengthens the relationship you have with your spouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment